NIGERIAN FOOTBALL HAS NOT BEEN FAIR TO SADIQ UMAR…. (OPINION)
Born in Kaduna, Nigeria, the 24-year-old 6.6 ft striker started his career in his home nation with Abuja FC in the third tier, before moving to Italian outfit Spezia in 2013.
Currently, with Almeria fc a second division team with top prospects
Significantly he is Nigerias most consistent goal poacher in Europe- he has scored over 40 goals in 3 seasons averaging a 1.69 per match ratio.
- Last 3 season at Partizan Belgrade he scored 12 goals..(2019)
- Last season at Almeria he scored 22 goals (2020)
- Presently this season he has 9 goals…(2021) In the past in his debut season Sadiq was in electrifying form with Spezia, where he bagged 26 goals in 24 appearances to begin voicing his bid to be African football’s next top talent.
His potent attack qualities
- Through balls precise calculation in beating defensive lines
*Holding on to the ball with skill and strength..
*On counter attacks he is a menace he can read and score goals from these position at ease
*He gets fouled often and wins numerous freekicks for team
- He is skilled in short passes and creating dummies to decieve defenders
Unbelievably, he has not been fully spotted or given a chance by the scouting and technical crew of the Super eagles .
Technically, with the quality and vibrancy of the 2nd tier of Spanish football he could be a good option to help NIGERIAN inconsistent goal scoring problems..
REMEMBER THE NAME_ SADIQ UMAR….
Source: Coach UNI DAN kAKWI